my bickerings and banterings

Saturday, January 26, 2008

'07 Reflection (and '06)

Photos to come! But for now, just this.

2007 was definitely the most unforgettable year of my life. And it will be for the rest of my life. If anything, it was memory overload, because I don't remember much - almost a blur. It was a knick in time, going by way faster than I would have liked. I am continuosly in awe of how much life can put on your plate, yet you always pull through somehow - otherwise, you wouldn't be sitting there reading this.

Since I barely posted the previous year too, I'll say that 2006 was definitely my fun-filled one - with short spurts of travels whenever I could squeeze them in. Previously, I never had the time or resources to do such things. Ideally, I would have travelled more, but funding was cut short due the wedding! Oh well, a short trip to sunny LA a couple months after the wedding and our honeymoon (which we just went on, almost a year later) were the last trips I went on. I look forward to future jet-setting moments - and this time, with an additional little person...yay!

Honestly, I'm very happy just being a home-body. Planning vacations and being on them can be stressful too, so when I travel nowadays, I plan (or want) to relax, instead of squeezing in as much as I can into one trip. I mean, who ever heard of taking a vacation from a vacation? Doing as much as you can in one trip is so hard to avoid though, especially with family and big groups, so I'll have to see how much r&r I can actually have. I have a feeling I'll have to resort to just taking 10 second breathers between events though.

Deep thought of the day:
Bill: So why is it said 'holy mackerel'?
Me: Yeah, like why not 'holy sardine' or something.
Mandy: Or 'holy anchovy'?
Bill: Or 'holy farm-raised salmon'!
So, to add to my productivity at work, look what I found. Holy mackerel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nosmo King said...

I remember Dr. Bott had this holy mackeral joke ... he drew it in hieroglyphics ... u had to be there ... in any case ... i need to learn to vacay like you ... i like to squeeze 23 hours of activity into an 24 hour day ... haha! u would prolly hate traveling with me ... i'm like ... GO!GO!GO!

January 28, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home