my bickerings and banterings

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another year of weightloss!

It's the same story, different year. Ya know, the one where you try to be healthier, get more sleep, drink less (alkihawl that is), and..dare I say..maybe even lose weight. Yep, I'm succumbing to that torture called dieting and working out like Richard Simmons on speed (as if he doesn't seem it already right). It makes me feel good about myself to be, well, thin. I love to feel like I can do anything. Being healthy and energetic is very important to me, and looking good helps a lot with this. I love to wear my fave old jeans and not think I'm popping out of them.

I was at my ideal weight early college. I was a healthy size 2-4. Then, I gained the freshman 15, and then the sophomore/junior/senior 15! I woke up one day and thought, ENOUGH. So, within four months, I lost 25 lbs by eating right (small portions and I didn't cut out stuff I loved) and working out 3-4 times a week early in the morning to get it out of my way. I felt great - my old clothes fit and I had more energy. But...I was still unhappy. I started plateauing. No matter what I did, I couldn't lose the last few lbs. Ugh.

Needless to say, I gained some of it back (in part due a little someone), but I'm almost back at my goal weight. So, I'm on a mission - to get there! I'm going for a 10 lb weight loss, even if it takes a year.

And this time, there are so many more reasons to do it. I want to prove to myself and others that nothing can stop you. I mean, the winner of the NY marathon won it 10 months having her baby. She won previous years and trained for this one until the day she delivered! I'm not anywhere near there, but I'm tired of hearing people's excuses. Being angry and sad far too much in the past year has caused this spark of hope to light up in me that life goes on. People take too much for granted. I really don't want to be one of those people. So help me God, I can DO IT! Who's there with me?

Btw, to prove determination works - check it!

Before weightloss (2004, size 8/10):



After weightloss (2006, size 2/4):



Now (2008, size 4/6):

1 Comments:

Blogger Nosmo King said...

happy berfday lady!!! i'll get you the pics from ur b-day ASAP!

February 4, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home