my bickerings and banterings

Monday, February 27, 2012

Preggie Update

So 20 weeks came and went. How time flies on by! I go through phases of pure excitement and anxious for the moment this newbie will pop out to phases of pure dread and nervous about the sleepless nights and clueless parent moments trying to figure out what's wrong with newbie when he cries.

Whatever feelings I'm going through, this third is coming and he's coming quick! I really really really wanted my girl. I mean, I wanted a girl the second time. I've finally accepted the fact, halfway through my pregnancy, that God and fate did not intend for me to have a daughter. Sigh. I always thought as girly as I've become (oddly enough, I wasn't so girly growing up), I would get my girl and we can be sharing make up and clothes and talk about all things mother and daughters talk about. But no, I'm getting another boy and I'll be talking about sports and all things male. Oh well, at least recycling boy stuffs will be a cinch.

Maid and cook and soccer mom for life it is!

This pregnancy has definitely been different from my previous ones, which were pretty much a breeze, minus the fatigue and lack of appetite during my first trimesters. Basically, my first two pregnancies were the same. But this time around, I was nauseous the entire first four months and even threw up quite a few times. Not even in the morning, more like evening sickness. I felt awful when I vomited; it would last for hours, where I vomited all the food I injested that day and even food from the day before as if absolutely none of it was going down. What the heck?! This was no bueno since I already could not eat as my lack of appetite was very apparent. I did not want anything, nor did I crave anything. Towards the end of those long vomiting episodes, I started dry heaving and vomiting just plain saliva. Nasty. I do NOT wish a bad pregnancy upon anyone. Why didn't mother nature make something as natural as pregnancy more..well, natural? It should be a breeze, right? But no, I suppose she has to test your limits to prepare you for the hard work having a child actually is.

Ever so grateful my tough days are over, I'm actually just waiting now. No discomforts except shortness of breath when I do too much at once from my huge belly pushing up on my lungs now. Oh yeah, and my achy knees and hips from weight being added on. These setbacks are nothing compared to my terrible first trimester sickness. I'm so glad that's over. I'm hoping it won't come back. Ugh.

Being prego with two active boys is definitely a challenge. But they're at a super fun, interactive age that I'm beginning to really enjoy. Not that I didn't enjoy them beforehand of course, but they're communicating with me and telling me stories. It's super cute! I really have to blog and record stuff they say bc they just crack me up. That's for the next update. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great that your boys are cracking you up. I can imagine. =)

March 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home