my bickerings and banterings

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mail to: Future

She tried to control her shaking hand as she attempted to write.

The nurse came in and noticed her struggling with the pen.

"Good morning, wutcha got there?" said the nurse.

Startled, she looked up at the nurse. "Oh, I'm trying to write out this damn card. And my hand ain't helpin' any."

"'I can help you there! Is it a birthday card or something?"

"Yes, this one is," she replied, focused on keeping her hand steady while she wrote.

"Here, would you like me to write it for you? You can just do the talking." She walked over next to her.

"Oh, would you mind? That would be great."

"No, not at all!" The nurse took the pen from her hand and looked down at the card. Then she looked over, and noticed on her bed a box of assorted cards and stationary. "So you're writing to a lot of people, huh?"

"No, these are just for one person, my son. He's two. I don't think I'll be here for his third birthday or so." She smiled.

"Oh - that is so...sweet," she said, for lack of a better word.

"I'm sorry, dear. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." The woman proceeded to take the pen back.

"Oh, no no no. I'll be more than happy to help you. Trust me," she said, as she smiled whole-heartedly.

"Thank you. Thank you so much."

Imagine writing to your son - to be read in the future. I wonder what was going through her mind. It seems she long accepted her fate. Hearing a story like this pulls at my heartsrings, especially having a child of my own now. My sympathy and empathy to anyone and everyone going through this or knows someone going through this.

Don't take a moment for granted - especially with your loved ones.

"Certain plates are not what you ordered, but sometimes the menu doesn't have anything else to choose from, so you just gotta stick with it. Just be grateful for people around to support you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long overdue pics.

Christmas 2007.






Hanging out with Uncle D and company!


1 Comments:

Blogger Nosmo King said...

such a happy bebe ... i love it!

March 4, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home