my bickerings and banterings

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mamadom: Sitting vs. Standing

As a parent, there is always the moment that comes when you'll need a sitter or simply stand your ground and not let anyone take care of your lil one because you can't trust anyone except yourself.

Let me just say - with the first one, sure, you get your doubts about sitters, even sitters related to you. Any child after that - "Sitter? Sure!" And there isn't even any hesitation to find one either. Whether the form of payment be cash, a gift, a meal, or simple gratitude, having one is priceless. Of course, we don't just pull anyone from the streets. We consider our immediate family first, then it's people we've used before and trusted, then it's the ones we trust and have paid for and continue to pay good money for because they're worth it.

And say you me (I never understood this phrase before but it sounds like it can be used here, right?), I feel refreshed, ready to tackle tantrums galore, and those out-damned spots in every which way.

Always, always appreciate your sitters, folks! Babysitting is one thing I wish I did more often pre-kids. Because my younger brother is so close in age with me, because I didn't babysit in high school, and because I simply was not interested in it, I overlooked that it would help me in raising children in life. So when the time came, I didn't realize how overwhelming it could and would be. I am ever so grateful for sitters now and the patience it takes to take care of children who are not your own.

Take note readers (who are my family/friends), if you have kids or will have kids, I'm willing to babysit your kids too, so don't ever hesitate now or later on in life. I adore children, especially if I can care for your cuties (pets included) temporarily then give them back..haha. I know you parents all need a break some time. Oh yeah, also take note, that I might need you someday too. But that does not mean I call you up when I need you - I'm not that kind of person. I cherish my relationships too much to use anyone.

(Side note: I can't stand when people call only when they need something, especially babysitting. I hear that happen all too often. That's so not cool.)

The following are only some of the greatness who have babysat or have just been wonderful friends and help! I love y'all to pieces! As for the grandparents, well, let's just say we're pretty darn fortunate to be living a reasonable driving distance from both sets.


^^J and H taking up the challenge(s)


^^Auntie M with the havoc wreaker


^^n0smoking hasn't complained...yet (although it might deem otherwise here.)


^^neither has n0smoking's main man


^^lindaful is pretty much a natural


^^phister has nieces/nephews of her own who she's also great with


^^the ridiculously good-looking couple D&R are always there to lend a hand


^^bethanh has a huge family, filled with nieces and nephews of all ages, so she's probably got the mom thing down by the time she has her own! (notice poor P's conjunctivitis and face scratch - the conjunctivitis due to a bad cold and the scratch from fighting mommy when she tried to put in eyedrops. =/ )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) such a thoughtful entry! your boys are the cutest! I love seeing their faces light-up when you and Bill come back from dinner. :D So cuuuute with their happy out-stretched arms. Yall are all so lucky!

March 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM  
Anonymous soapie said...

hey girl! i had no idea you had this blog. but i like it! i really enjoy reading your writing and of course reading anything that relates to you. =) if i were closeby i'd totally volunteer to babysit! your kids are a lot of fun and way entertaining. just looking at pics and vids of them online is entertaining. =)

March 19, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home