my bickerings and banterings

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Busy busy weekend!

This past weekend was nonstop action.  Kid action, that is.

Daddy had to work Saturday, so I stayed home with the three kiddos.  I rarely have them all three to myself for that long, only when hubby is working or serving Army duties.  In the first few months after baby was born, when this occurred, I was flustered, overwhelmed, and downright irate by the time hubby got back.  Hands down, I give all you single moms and moms who go long periods without hubby, partner, or any type of help for so long!  I can't do it for even a few days!

I just kept the older ones busy while nursing and changing diapers.  When baby slept, I played board games, t-ball outside, and puzzles with older brothers. And when I could get a moment, I'd wash dishes, swept the floor, and folded laundry while asking about what they're learning during the crafty projects I assigned them.  Multitasking at its best!

Next thing you know, it was nap time and soon after they woke up, daddy was home.

We had a wedding to go to for one of my good friends, so I started getting ready while the boys slept.  My parents arrived early so they were able to keep the boys busy when they woke up from their nap as we got ready.  R, our middle kid, was going with us since P went with us to a wedding the previous weekend.   The wedding will be for another post.

The next day was R's big 4.0!  I can't believe how old he is.  I felt sad for some reason.  Childhood is so fleeting and next thing you know, he'll be going off to college.  Eek!

He was so gracious and had a wonderful time at none other than Chuck E. Cheese.  Talk about pure madness!  Kids everywhere that I couldn't breathe, much less take pictures.  But the cute little people are completely oblivious, which is the best part of it.  Now that I think about it, I don't recall my birthday parties during childhood as this crazy - I just remember them as a blast with all my close friends.  Upon realizing  that, I took a deep breath and reminded myself this was for them and I should focus and enjoy the day and moment as I did for my childhood birthdays.  With that thought, I was able to take it in stride and smile with every shot on the camera I took as they smiled at me through the lens.

When we got home, R opened his gifts, we gave them a bath, and put them straight to bed.  They zonked out quick!

Then daddy and I were able to enjoy the close of a full, fun-filled weekend with a glass of wine.

One of these days, I'm going to find the energy to post pics and write better entries that don't sound like I'm spitting it all out too fast...kind of like how I think and act these days because the kids keep me on my toes 24/7.  With three now, that's all kinds of crazy to try to pin to blog about.  Cheers to that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home